Geeks for #ReliefPH, Cafes, comics, and costumes edition
It’s been a week since #YolandaPH devastated Central Philippines, and there’s been an outpouring of support for #ReliefPH operations. Payday and 13th month pay is also upon us, and if you want to splurge or reward yourself, here are more ways to raise funds for the typhoon survivors:
Drop by your friendly neighborhood geeky cafe for a bite to eat.
Sci-Fi Cafe is located at the 4th Floor, West Wing of Robinson’s Galleria.
Magnum Opus Fine Coffees is located at 115 Aguirre Avenue, BF Homes Paranaque. (And we can’t stress this enough, they have a TARDIS).
Support the indie comics community’s #ReliefPH fundraising efforts
Komikon’s happening this Saturday at the Bayanihan Center in Pasig City, and a bunch of our favorite creators and publishers have offered their work up for charity, including:
- Reno Maniquis (Maskarado) will be conducting a sketching session, all proceeds to go to Philippine Red Cross. A half body sketch of any character is PhP 200;
- Elbert Or’s new titles, Manosaur and Manosaur: Things That Go The Way Of The Dinosaur, will be on sale at his booth (along with his backlist). He will also be drawing dinosaurs for a minimum donation of PhP 100;
- Robert Magnuson will be donating sales of his Kuting Magiting comics. Interested buyers may grab a copy at the Polyhedron Comics booth;
- Mango Books will be donating the sales proceeds of Siglo: Freedom (PhP 300), Siglo: Passion (PhP 600), and Cast (PhP 600 for a full set);
- Over at the Comic Odyssey booth, Marvel Comics artist Stephen Segovia will be selling a bunch of limited edition prints for PhP300 each;
- And last, but not least, Komikon special guest and Marvel Comics artist Kim Jacinto will be holding a special sketching session. Each half-body pencil sketch costs PhP200.
If your pockets are still recovering from donations, you can still have your comics fix on November 23. Comics retailer Druid’s Keep has gathered Pinoy Marvel and DC Comics illustrators for a charity sketching and coloring session. Session begins at 1 pm, at the 3rd Floor of the Fort Strip in Bonifacio Glocal City.
Cozy up with costumed heroes, er, villains.
Stormtroopers may be faithful footsoldiers of the Galactic Empire, but they’re also good guys who raise funds for charity. The 501st Legion of the Philippine Outpost is teaming up with Star Wars Cebu for Operation: A New Hope, a fundraiser for the survivors of #YolandaPH. On November 22, Friday, they will be trooping at Heroes Concept Store in Bonifacio High Street. The troopers will be available for photo ops for a cash donation. If you can’t make it to heroes, you can also donate via Paypal through email@example.com